I Link Therefore I Am Saturday Oct 12, 2013 Links

That brief moment when Josh Johnson was good for the Jays

I haven't been around as much as I would like but here are some links on the various comings and goings on of MLB including a Deadspin post as to why the MSM narrative of the Dodgers vs the Cardinals could be a giant load of cow pies. Happy Thanksgiving all.

JAYS LINKS

Blue Jays not done with Josh Johnson: Griffin | Toronto Star
Cheap one-year deal could work for both sides.

The Blue Jay Hunter: J.P. Arencibia and Perils of Job Security
Ian looks at JPA and what to do about him.

Offseason Outlook: Toronto Blue Jays: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com
MLBTR looks at the 2013 offseason. Lots of ifs and buts here.

Could John Lackey Rebound Bode Well for Blue Jays Free Agent Josh Johnson - Jays Journal - A Toronto Blue Jays Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More
If John Lackey's 2013 performance is a good indicator of a strong rebound season, can the Blue Jays expect something similar from Josh Johnson

Four Toronto Blue Jays minor league players headed to Australian Baseball League - Jays Journal - A Toronto Blue Jays Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More
Four members of the Toronto Blue Jays organization will be headed to the Australian Baseball League according to the Canberra Times.

Day 3 Arizona Fall League Updates: Aaron Sanchez Starts - Jays Journal - A Toronto Blue Jays Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More
Updates from day tnree of the Arizona Fall League with a focus on prospects from the Toronto Blue Jays organization. Aaron Sanchez starts for the Rafters.

MLB LINKS

San Jose’s Case Against MLB Down To One State Claim | FanGraphs Baseball
Bud, do you know the way to San Jose?

Torey Lovullo, Future Big League Manager | FanGraphs Baseball
Interview with the former Jays 1B Coach.

Cooperstown Confidential: Reggie Jackson and the Mets
A new book is making news, but is the charge legitimate?

Hall monitor: Time to add some new third basemen to the Hall of Fame
...and boy, do I have three good candidates for you.

The all-decade team: the ‘90s
Two great dynasties battled to be the franchise of this decade, but which players are the best?

The Los Angeles Dodgers Are Just A Group Of Hard-Nosed Overachievers
Without characters and storylines, baseball is just a bunch of idiots running around wielding sticks, so of course baseball writers were going to contrive a narrative for a seven-game series between the Los Angeles Dodgers and the St. Louis Cardinals that doesn't really feature a natural one. You could have written it out months ago and kept it on hand, like an obituary.

Korean Baseball Player Wastes Yet Another Awesome Bat Flip On Foul Ball
We've seen Choi Jeon-suk do this before, and now we're starting to wonder if this is just his thing. Maybe he just believes that a crushed baseball, no matter how far foul it flies, is worthy of an amazing bat flip. If that's the case, more power to him.

This Umpire's Strike-Three Call Is "Whoomp There It Is!"
Via former MLB pitcher Mark Mulder, who told Busted Coverage that Bobby Crosby, his former A's teammate, sent it to him. Crosby's brother, a scout in Northern California, took the video. There it is.

TODAY IN HEARTBREAK HISTORY

Baseball History October 12th - National Pastime - Baseball History
1986 The Angels are one strike away from the World Series, when Dave Henderson, who had earlier watched Bobby Grich's fly ball bounce over the center field fence off the heel of his glove giving California the lead, hits a two-run homer off of Donnie Moore to put the Red Sox ahead, 6-5. California will tie the game in the bottom of the frame, but Boston will prevail scoring the deciding run in the 11th inning on a Henderson sac fly.