FanPost

The Cubans are coming!....maybe

I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more attention here, but just in case you missed it, the Cuban government will allow athletes to seek professional contracts abroad. This of course will have some limitations, considering they're doing it to get a piece of their salaries via income taxes and that violates the US embargo currently imposed on the island.

However, Canada does not have an economic embargo with Cuba, and considering the Blue Jays are based in Canada, this should give them an MLB monopoly to acquire all Cuban baseball players that participate in this program.

I'm sure MLB will eventually have to take a stand regarding this matter. What do you guys think? Could this be the beginning of a tremendous opportunity for the Blue Jays?