Breaking Sad Friday Oct 4, 2013 Links

One of the few joyous moments of the 2013 season - Tom Szczerbowski

Here is a brief bunch of links for your reading amusement.

PLAYOFF LINKS

Carlos Beltran and Cardinals torch A.J. Burnett for seven runs in second inning of NLDS | Big League Stew - Yahoo Sports
From Yahoo Sports: ST. LOUIS — Cardinals slugger Carlos Beltran unloaded on a poorly placed pedestrian fastball from A.J. Burnett and it was, like, whoa.

Indians Fans Wear Redface
Here's three Cleveland fans painted to look like Chief Wahoo, and TBS kept cutting to them. Note: Just...wow. Stay Klassy Cleveland.

An Indians Fan Hurled His Dip Spitter At David DeJesus
We thought this was beer at first, but the slow-mo gives away the greatly increased viscosity of the liquid in the cup. That's dip spit. Note: Ewww and remember when a certain fan base lost their minds because of a spilled beer?

JAYS LINKS

Take A Bow Blue Jays Bullpen - Jays Journal - A Toronto Blue Jays Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More
Jays Journal celebrates one of the few bright spots of the 2013 season.

The Blue Jay Hunter: The Blue Jays Nightmare Season is Over
Ian looks at the craptacular 2013 where it started off with high hopes and ended with a thud and or splat.

Arbitration Eligibles: Toronto Blue Jays: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com
MLBTR looks at the Jays short arbitration list.

Toronto Blue Jays vow to turn rotation into a strength with greater depth next season | National Post
Last spring, the Blue Jays’ rotation insurance consisted of past-their-prime veterans destined for the Triple-A rotation in Buffalo.

MLB LINK

The most exciting games of 2013
The WPS Index comes back, just in time for October. (And late September.)

TODAY IN CRYING HISTORY

Baseball History - October 4th - National Pastime - Baseball History
1987 Defeating the Blue Jays 1-0, the Tigers win the American League East title. Toronto loses their last seven games of the season, including three straight in the season-ending series at Tiger Stadium to complete one of the greatest collapses in baseball history. Personal Note: Yeah, I cried after that. Only time I ever did because of sports.Here is a brief bunch of links for your reading amusement.