Mike Wilner had this:
That leaves the Jays with 38 on the 40-man roster. I don't think they will be picking anyone in the draft. But there is time for trades or free agent signings to fill those two spots before the draft. Kenny Wilson, Juan Perez and Ricky Romero aren't on the 40-man, but I don't think they are in any risk of being taken by any other team.
Minor Leaguer update (4:00 pm): The New Hampshire Fisher Cats just tweeted out that Wilson had indeed been added to the roster.
Fangraphs has a post up on the number of DL days lost by each team in the majors. The Jays lost the 4th most days to the DL in 2013, trailing the Marlins, Braves and Yankees. We were 2nd with the number of DL stints, behind the Yankees. And number 5 in average days lost over the past 4 seasons. Anyway, take a look and tell us what you take away from it all.
4. Aaron Sanchez, RHP, Blue Jays (Salt River): The best starter in the AFL, Sanchez dominated hitters. He has top-of-the-rotation stuff and is ready for a move to the upper levels of Toronto's system.
12. Marcus Stroman, RHP, Blue Jays (Salt River): Stroman had a solid turn in the Rafters' bullpen, holding hitters to a .186 batting average and striking out 10.03 per nine, but his future is as a starter. A 2012 first-round Draft pick, he should be able to help Toronto's rotation at some point next season.
Over at bluejays.com, Gregor Chisholm looks at the 'five burning questions' the Jays face this off-season.
And, in case you missed it, Omar Vizquel has been signed by the Tigers to coach first base and base running. Westill have a first base coach job open. I wouldn't have minded the Jays signing him for that job.
More from Bluebird Banter:
- Would You Have Wanted AA to Offer JJ That Contract?
- Toronto Blue Jays offseason: 5 most pivotal players
- Adam Lind Needs a Partner in Crime
- Josh Johnson is signing with the Padres
- A Blue Jays-Reds trade proposal: Brandon Phillips and Ryan Hanigan for Brett Cecil, Ryan Goins, Anthony Gose, and Matt Dean
- If You Think It's Lame, Well, You Miss Out: San Francisco Giants Sign Tim Hudson, He's Not Josh Johnson