No Qualifying Offers To Be Made By The Blue Jays

Thanks for the memories Josh. - Tom Szczerbowski

The first question of the Blue Jays' offseason has been answered as the team announced it will not make any qualifying offers before the deadline today. Most notably, Josh Johnson will become a free agent as the Blue Jays decided a one year $14.1 million offer was not in the team's best interests. Obviously the other Blue Jays upcoming free agents in the form of Rajai Davis, Ramon Ortiz and the retiring Darren Oliver will all be set free to test the market as well. Confirmation of the news came directly from the Blue Jays Twitter:

Other news around the league on the qualifying offer front:

So what are your thoughts on the lack of a qualifying offer to Josh Johnson and all of the other news on this busy Monday in the MLB?