Flu Friday Nov 8, 2013 Links

Tom Szczerbowski-USA TODAY Sport

Here are some links for your reading pleasure. Get better Tom.

JAYS LINKS

Dear Munenori Kawasaki, please stay with Toronto Blue Jays: A fan’s open letter | Toronto Star
The Jays have declined to pick the popular shortstop’s $1 million option making him a free agent. Will he come back on a cheaper deal, or go elsewhere?

Jays off-season diary: What they did in October - Sportsnet.ca
They travelled to Europe, they pulled pranks, they worked out and found some time to lounge by the pool. The Toronto Blue Jays had some fun during the first month of the off-season, as you’ll see in this off-season diary.

Hum and Chuck: Goodbye 2013: Boston and a Book.
Well, the worst thing imaginable for a 2013 Jays fan happened. The Boston Red Sox, in the year after John Farrell left the Jays for his "dream job", won the World Series.

The Blue Jay Hunter: Do the Blue Jays Have to Spend to Contend?
Money makes the world go round. And in a cap-free professional sport like Major League Baseball, at times it can seem like cash is thrown around like paper napkins. That analogy rings true for teams like the New York Yankees and Los Angeles Dodgers, but that hasn't always been the case with the Toronto Blue Jays.

Q&A: Neil Wagner, Thinking Man in the Blue Jays Bullpen | FanGraphs Baseball
Interesting interview from Neil Wagner.

VARIOUS LINKS

Controlling expectations during prospect trading season
As rumors begin to swirl, it's important to understand the value of prospects.

Big leaguers, bit parts
Here's a sneak preview of cameo attractions

Alex Rodriguez lawyer blasts MLB in court, says it went ‘way over the line’ to ruin Yankees star’s career | National Post
Alex Rodriguez's legal team has gathered extensive additional evidence, his lawyer said

The 2013-2014 Offseason Guide to Free Agent Pitch-Framers | FanGraphs Baseball
A pitch for Pitch Framers!

Masahiro Tanaka: The Market’s Best Starter | FanGraphs Baseball
Tanaka! Tanaka! Tanaka!!! Why is it always Tanaka?

The Land Mines of the 2014 Free Agent Class | FanGraphs Baseball
No surprises on the list.

The Season’s Five Worst Called Balls | FanGraphs Baseball
Some, er, wonderful umping thanks to FGs.

FS1's Low Ratings Forced Fox To Give Away Free World Series Ads
Two bits of rough news for Fox Sports 1 over the last two days. One, Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox reported a hefty drop in income--by more than $1 billion--thanks to the FS1 launch. All of that was most likely accounted for and anticipated.

TODAY IN OFF SEASON HISTORY

Baseball History November 8th - National Pastime - Baseball History
2010 ESPN announces Jon Miller and Joe Morgan will no longer do Sunday Night Baseball ending the pair's 21-year tenure behind the mike. Network executive vice president Norby Williamson thanked the Hall of Famers for their outstanding body of work, but did not name any replacements.