Blue Jays will name Tim Leiper first base coach

Tim Leiper - Christian Petersen

Shi Davidi tells us:

The Toronto Blue Jays will name Tim Leiper their first base coach next week, rounding out the coaching staff under manager John Gibbons, multiple sources told sportsnet.ca.

Leiper has been a 'senior adviser' for the Blue Jays for the last year. He's 47, a former minor league manager in the minor league systems of the Expos, Red Sox, Orioles and Pirates for 12 seasons and was the Marlin's Infield Coordinator for 2 seasons. He was also a coach for Canada's WBC team in 2006 and 1009 as well as a coach for out 2004 Olympic team.

As a player, he was a career minor leaguer, playing 12 seasons in the minors, hitting .273/.337/.365 with 40 home runs in 1166 games, mostly in corner infield and outfield spots. He also played in the Mexican Winter :League and Dominican Winter League.

Shi also says that the Jays are interested in adding another coach.

Latest News