FanPost

What's McGriff been doing for the Jays?

This bit caught my eye from Bob Elliott's recent column:

And their only changes to date are behind the plate — adding Dioner Navarro and Erik Kratz — plus feel-good story Roy Halladay, who in retirement wants to work for the Jays, as well as coach his boys. Halladay could become part of Paul Beeston’s posse with Robbie Alomar, Cito Gaston, Fred McGriff and Paul Quantrill.
Okay, I get Alomar and Gaston, who are both often at the dome. Don't recall Quantrill popping up recently, but I know he has in the past so no surprise. But Fred McGriff? I love the Crime Dog (HOF foreva!), but I can't recall him being in Toronto or doing stuff for the Jays in recent years. Maybe he came to Spring Training, but I can't be sure. So what's this about McGriff being in Beeston's inner circle of Jays alumni? Happy to hear it, but just curious as to what his contribution has been, if any.