Blue Jays active in the Triple-A part of the Minor League Rule 5 Draft

Evan Crawford - Jonathan Ferrey

In the Minor League phase of the Rule 5 draft the Jays made some moves.

Triple-A

The Jays select Roberto Espinosa, a RHP, from the Pirates, he had a 2.30 ERA, with 31 strikeouts and 15 walks, in 27.1 innings between rookie ball, high-A and low-A last year. He's 21 and from Mexico.

Richard Bleier, a LHP, from the Rangers. He has a 3.32 ERA, with 49 strikeouts and 20 walks, in 82.2 innings, split between Double-A and Triple-A, last year. He is 26.

Scott Shuman, a RHP, from the Giants. He had a 9.51 ERA, with 39 strikeouts and 42 walks, in 23.2 innings at Double-A. He is 25. That a ton of walks, but also a lot of strikeouts. He, apparently, throws hard. Maybe the Jays figure he is like Nuke LaLoosh, just needs the right catcher (and pitching coach) to show him how to use that arm.

We lose Evan Crawford to the White Sox. Crawford was one that John Farrell liked when he was here.Evan had a 5.60 ERA, 23 walks and 44 strikeouts in 45 innings split between Dunedin and New Hampshire.

Looks like we are stocking up on arms for the Bisons.