Blue Jays Rumor of the Day: Billy Butler

He doesn't have the imposing size of Kevin Gregg, but this still looks familiar. - Ed Zurga

Jeff Blair gives us our morning rumor:

And this:

I'll file this under 'Alex talks about everyone'.

But if the Jays were planing on trading Adam Lind then Butler makes some sense. I can't imagine what the Jays would be sending to KC that would get them both Butler and prospects.

Maybe this is part of a three way deal that Alex as suggesting, but then what team would go after someone like Lind in a three-way trade that involved Butler, why not just take Butler?

Anyway, I'd love to have Butler, he is 27 and tons of talent. And unlike Lind, he can hit against both right-handers and left-handers. He could save us a roster spot and when you like to carry 9 relievers, a roster spot is an important thing.