Blue Jays 2014 Winter Tour

If want his autograph, this is the tour. - David Manning-USA TODAY Sports

Ontario stops only.

The Blue Jays announced their 2014 Winter Tour.

So this year's "Cross Canada Tour" all happens in Ontario. As a westerner, it feeds into our stereotype vision of folks from Toronto, thinking that Canada ends at the Ontario borders Stupid cheap Rogers doesn't want to kick in for airfare. They are going to make the players hitchhike from stop to stop.

The tour has two legs. One January 9-12th going to Oshawa, Toronto, Kingston and Peterborough. And then, from January 16-18th making stops in St. Catharines, London and Mississauga.

In this interview Minor Leaguer did with Buffalo Bisons' GM Mike Buczkowski, Mike mentions he's like the Jays to visit Buttalo. One would think the Winter Tour, especially with it staying close to home, would be a good opportunity for the Jays to hit Buffalo, but no. I don't understand why they wouldn't. How far is it from London to Buffalo? Maybe they will visit Buffalo at another time this winter, but this would be a good excuse.

Players that will taking part in the tour are Adam Lind, Steve Delabar, Josh Thole, Colby Rasmus, Brandon Morrow, Dustin McGowan, Esml Rogers, Todd Redmond, Anthony Gose and, of course, manager John Gibbons.

Here is the itinerary:

OSHAWA:

Autograph session at Oshawa Centre (January 9)

TORONTO:

Media Availability at Rogers Centre (January 10)
Ronald McDonald House Toronto Visit (January 12 private event - open to media)

KINGSTON:

Media Availability at Marriott Residence Inn Kingston (January 10)
Canadian Forces Base Kingston visit (January 10 private event - open to media)
Kingston Frontenacs game (January 10, players to assist in various game entertainment activities)
Autograph session at Cataraqui Centre (January 11)
Kingston Boys and Girls Club visit (January 11 private event - open to media)

PETERBOROUGH:

Autograph session at Lansdowne Place (January 12)

ST. CATHARINES:

Brock University visit (private event - open to media) (January 16)
Autograph session at The Pen Centre (January 16)

LONDON:

Sir Isaac Brock Public School visit (January 17 private event - open to media)
Media Availability at Hilton London (January 17)
Autograph session at Budweiser Gardens prior to the London Knights game (January 17, players to also assist in various game entertainment activities)
Baseball Skills Event at Centrefield Sports (January 18 private event - open to media)

MISSISSAUGA:

Autograph session at Erin Mills Town Centre (January 18)

If you are in one of those cities, it is a good chance to get an autograph or two. It was great fun when they came to Calgary 3 years ago.