Masahiro Tanaka will be posted

Masahiro Tanaka - Koji Watanabe

So who will get him?

This saga changes every few days, but now it looks like the Golden Eagles will post Masahiro Tanaka, even though they can only get $20 million for him. If I was them I'd have likely have held on to him another year. Out of spite, if nothing else.

Every team in baseball is going to be after him:

Everyone will be offering a ton of money. I wonder if it will come down to where Tanaka would like to live. I'm sure the Jays will use Munenori Kawasaki as a ombudsmen for the Jays and the city of Toronto. Whether the Jays will be willing to put up the cash that the other teams will. You have to figure Tanaka will be getting something like $20 million a season for at least 5 years, likely more.

We should have a contest....guess which team will sign Tanaka, the number of years and the per year average of the contract.

SB Nation Featured Video