Dirk Hayhurst leaving Sportsnet?

Elsa

Hi from a beautiful resort in the Dominican Republic,  apparently I missed seeing Melky Cabrera by a day.

Bob Elliott has posted his list of most influential Canadians in baseball.

And once again he skipped us, how sad I am.

But he included a tidbit that I hadn't heard, that Dirk Hayhurst won't be back with Sportsnet next season and that Jack Morris may not be back. Hayhurst, Bob says, is heading elsewhere. That would make me sad, I like Dirk, he is far better than Zaun. I'll miss him.

Dirk has a new book coming out in February, I have a review copy I am enjoying between drinks here.