We are now closer to the Blue Jays' first pitch of 2014 than their last pitch of 2013!

Tom Szczerbowski

Winter, in the northern hemisphere, may have just started, but we are already closer to the Blue Jays' first pitch of 2014 than their last one of 2013. Finally, we are now more than half-way through the 4,395-hour long offseason!

At 4:29 pm (all times Eastern) on September 29, 2013, Ryan Goins lined out against the Rays' Fernando Rodney to end the Blue Jays' comeback attempt as well as their forgettable 2013 season. The Blue Jays will be facing the Rays again to start the 2014 season, this time at Tropicana Field, on March 31 (Jose Reyes starting it off with a homer off of David Price perhaps?). The time of the game has not been announced as of the time of writing, but if we assume a 7:15 pm first pitch, the midpoint between the two pitches would've been early this morning: 5:52 am on December 30, 2013.

It would be a day longer before we pass the midpoint between Major League Baseball pitches in Toronto. The Blue Jays' Home Opener will be at 7:07 pm on April 4 against the Yankees, so we will pass the half-way point on January 1, 2014 at 5:48 am.

The Blue Jays' first spring training game is scheduled for 1:05 pm on February 26. That's only 1395 hours away!