J.P. Arencibia signs with Rangers

Can you imagine him in Texas Ranger colors... - Tom Szczerbowski

From the Dallas Morning News:

According to a major league source, the Rangers have reached an agreement with J.P. Arencibia on a one-year deal that would pay him around $1 million in base salary. The deal is pending a physical. Based on the weather situation, it's unclear when the Rangers would be able to get that finalized.

I'm not sure how bad the weather is, down in Dallas, but looking out my Calgary window, I'm sure I would trade with them.  $1 million seems like the right amount, I'm sure if that is what JP would have received from the arbitrator, he'd still be a Blue Jay, if one that was more likely to be playing in the minors.

Anyway, good luck JP, I hope things go well for you. I really don't have any bad feeling towards him, he seems like a good guy and newly married, it just didn't work out here. Not being a great baseball player doesn't make you a bad guy.

Oh, and the good part is I won a bet.

Update:

It might be more money than originally thought: