Roy Halladay will retire as a member of the Blue Jays

USA TODAY Sports

Roy Halladay signs a one-day deal so he can retire a Blue Jay.

Or at least that's what Jon Heyman says:

The Blue Jays announced they would have press conference today at 12:30 and speculation ran wild on Twitter for a few minutes. Was it a free agent. Maybe a trade. Maybe a first base coach.

Then Shi Davidi spoiled the fun by saying it wasn't a roster move or a coaching move. Speculation turned to an announcement of a new spring training home, something we know is going to happen but they haven't announced yet.

But Heyman put an end to that idea too.

Roy Halladay pitched for the Blue Jays for 12 years and put up a 148-76 record with a 3.43 ERA in 313 games, 287 start. He's either the best or second best starter we ever had, depending on your feelings on Dave Stieb. He won a Cy Young with us and had 6 All-Star appearances as a Blue Jay.

In 4 seasons as a Phillie, he was 55-29, and won a Cy Young and made it to the playoff with them.

In total 203-105 with a 3.38 ERA. He's one of the best pitchers I've ever watched. Nice that he is retiring a Blue Jay.