Roy Halladay will retire after signing a one-day contract with the Blue Jays

Abelimages

Roy Halladay, one of the best and most beloved Blue Jays of all time will be re-signing with the club early this afternoon before announcing his retirement, reports Jon Heyman. Halladay was the Blue Jays' first-round draft pick in 1995 and played the first 12 seasons of his 16-year major league career in Toronto. He will be making the official announcement at 12:30 pm Monday.

Halladay, a 36-year-old free agent, had played the last four seasons with the Philadelphia Phillies after being traded there in December 2009. Halladay was an eight-time All Star (six times as a Blue Jay) and won a Cy Young Award in both the American (2003) and the National Leagues (2010).  He and the Phillies made the postseason in 2010 and 2011, making it as far as the NLCS in 2010. But Halladay will forever be remembered for his game 1 performance in the 2010 NLDS against the Cincinnati Reds, when he spun just the second no-hitter in postseason history, following a perfect game he threw earlier that season.

More to come.