Bluebird Banter's Official Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball League!

Photo by flowcomm (Creative Commons)

Bluebird Red Panda, the official Bluebird Banter Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball league, is live!

YAHOOOOOOO! After a long winter, fantasy baseball is coming back! I have just been appointed Commissioner of the official Bluebird Banter Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball League, and I am inviting you to join!

We'd like to ask all who would want to join to be actually committed to playing in the league. We all know how horrible it is when someone just abandons a team part way. Also, there will be high demand, so you might not get into the official league--but don't worry, use the comments to found your own!

To join the league, send an email with your SB Nation screen name as the SUBJECT to minorleaguer@yahoo.com. That is an email created only for Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball. No fan mail please. I will close applications on Tuesday, February 12 at 3 pm Eastern. If there are more legitimate applications than team spots, there'll be some sort of lottery process. I hope this way we won't leave out people who aren't on the site the second this post went up.

UPDATE: Applications are now CLOSED. We received 55 applications for the 11 remaining spots in the league. I will run the random list generator tonight and email those who were lucky enough to get in.

UPDATE 2: And here are the folks who got in, after the list was randomized at random.org:

Diamond_D86, yleviticus, SilveraZ, Madrush, TheCourtJester, Bell Islanders, allcanadian34, Llamameeljueves, VodkaInAJaysMug, mankle, csnissen1976

I have sent you all a reply with sign up information. You have until Thursday, February 14 at 5 pm Eastern to sign up before your spot will be opened up to the next person on the list.

For those who didn't get in, you can organize "side leagues" in the comments down below. Perhaps after the regular season is over, we can do some sort of competition between the champions of each league. We'll see.

Here are some things the nice people at Yahoo! said:

  • Yahoo! Sports is the leading fantasy provider on the Internet, home to millions of fans playing the #1 fantasy baseball game available – all for free!
  • Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball ’13 is easy to use, with mock drafts, player comparison features, and numerous customization options. Plus - Yahoo! Sports offers superior stability, especially during drafts and games (Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball doesn’t drop the ball).
  • The #1 free game keeps getting better: now with same day drafts, custom playoff seeding, and game-time waivers.
  • Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football provides fans with top-notch information, resources, and expert advice. From player notes to injury updates to player availability across leagues, Yahoo! Sports helps you win big. This year never miss a last minute injury with updated player notes.
  • Yahoo! Sports provides pre-draft advice clips to help you draft the best team possible. Fantasy advice is also available throughout the season with bi-weekly video clips and the Fantasy Freaks on Yahoo! Sports Radio on Friday’s 8–10pm EST
  • Don’t miss a trade or waiver wire again! Daily roster changes are made easy with the Fantasy Baseball app available on Android, iPhone, and iPad (new this year!).
  • Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball gives you real-time fantasy score updates wherever you go. View team, league, and player stats, edit your lineups, and check your standings and matchups.
  • Yahoo! Sports offers the fantasy fanatic an even more competitive way to play with Pro Leagues! Join a Pro League for $20 or $100 and compete to win cash prizes. For those who dare to put some skin in the game.

Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball supports SBNation and fantasy league families everywhere. Get better experts, better tools, and better stats with the #1 free fantasy baseball game. This season also features a brand new iPad app, so sign up now. Get ready for opening day with better play on Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball.