FanPost

Yunel & Cognitive Dissonance

Many of you don't want to hear anything more about Yunel so stop reading now.

But he and what happened in Toronto hasn't gone away

Bautista refers to the incident with regrets still today: "This much is certain, according to Bautista: Yunel Escobar’s apology would have been handled differently." http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/baseball/blue-jays-and-bautista-ready-to-turn-the-page-as-spring-training-begins/article8773694/.

And then there is the fact that Yunel is playing for Rays.

Here is the Cognitive Dissonance;

1) We all want the best for the Jays and always support their making moves to being stronger

2) We trust AA for being rational

3) AA has often spoken about most admiring the Tampa organization. The Tampa GM raves about Yunel having stuff to be an all star.

4) The value we received for Yunel was obscured by the quantity of players involved ... however.. the value accepted by Marlins shortly afterwards from Tampa proved that the value Marlins put on Yunel in the deal was not very high.

5) Bautista, and other latinos on Jays have insisted that the Toronto media and fans have overreacted to a cultural misinterpretation and misunderstanding.

6) We are not running Bautista out of town.

The way I resolve this Cognitive dissonance is thinking that

Toronto media and fans did run Yunel out of town for minimal value.. sometimes the city enjoys self destructive venting of anger; more than always building to be strong

Now the organization most revered by AA and in direct competition with us .....picked him up quite happily.

Lets see if we end up regretting it.