Middle Names Of The Players On The Blue Jays' 40-Man Roster

US PRESSWIRE

Happy Family Day / Louis Riel Day / Islander Day / Presidents Day / Regular Work Day to you, depending where you live. It is about time for a completely frivolous post here on Bluebird Banter (there will be a better one coming later, I promise). I decided to go on BlueJays.com to find out the middle name of each of the coaching staff and the 40 players on the Major League roster, and here are the results:

Manager and Coaches

John Michael Gibbons, DeMarlo Hale (no middle name listed), Pat George Hentgen, Charles Edward Mottola (where did "Chad" come from?), Dwayne Keith Murphy, Luis Antonio Rivera, Pete Brian Walker.

Pitchers

#

Name

Middle Name

56

Mark Buehrle

Alan

27

Brett Cecil

Aarion

46

Evan Crawford

Shane

50

Steve Delabar

Edward

43

R.A. Dickey

(Robert) Allen

4

Kyle Drabek

Jordan

48

J.A. Happ

(James) Anthony

36

Drew Hutchison

S.

44

Casey Janssen

(Robert) Casey*

33

Jeremy Jeffress

Ross

64

Chad Jenkins

(Stephen) Chadwick*

55

Josh Johnson

Michael

49

Brad Lincoln

Eric

62

Aaron Loup

Christopher

29

Dustin McGowan

Michael

23

Brandon Morrow

John

38

Darren Oliver

Christopher

47

Luis Perez

Manuel

32

Esmil Rogers

Antonio

24

Ricky Romero

None

21

Sergio Santos

Jose

Catchers

#

Name

Middle Name

9

J.P. Arencibia

(Jonathan) Paul

22

Henry Blanco

Ramon

6

A.J. Jimenez

(Antonio) J.

30

Josh Thole

Michael

Infielders

#

Name

Middle Name

31

David Cooper

Fletcher

35

Mark DeRosa

Thomas

2

Ryan Goins

M.

3

Maicer Izturis

Eduardo

13

Brett Lawrie

R.

26

Adam Lind

Alan

7

Jose Reyes

Bernabe

Outfielders

#

Name

Middle Name

19

Jose Bautista

Antonio

1

Emilio Bonifacio

Jose

53

Melky Cabrera

Astacio

11

Rajai Davis

Lavae

8

Anthony Gose

Robert

28

Colby Rasmus

Ryan

14

Moises Sierra

None

Designated Hitter

#

Name

Middle Name

10

Edwin Encarnacion

Elpidio

*Middle name is used as primary name.

If you know the full middle names for Drew Hutchison, Ryan Goins, and Brett Lawrie, please do let me know in the comments. Also, it is unknown whether the "J." in A.J. Jimenez's name is really a name that begins with "J" or if he is just called "A.J." because his surname also starts with a "J."

Answers to Saturday Morning Cereal Box mystery games:

Game 1: August 3, 2012 - Blue Jays 4 @ Athletics 5. Aaron Loup did something that no other pitcher has in franchise history: bat against another American League team. Colby Rasmus and Brett Lawrie were removed with injuries. No one was able to correctly identify this game.

Game 2: May 8, 2012 - Blue Jays 3 @ Athletics 7. Kelly Johnson recorded a +.520 WPA while Francisco Cordero had a -.806 WPA. Congratulations DarrylM15 for identifying this game!

You will find the answer to the Jays Days Beer Club mystery game when you come out to Tallboys Craft Beer Housethis Wednesday at 7:30 pm!