Sportsnet to Broadcast 1993 World Series

Two important parts of the 1993 World Series team. - Jim McIsaac

No spoilers.

For some of us it is nostalgia, and for the rest of you, it is ancient history, but Sportsnet is going to broadcast the 1993 World Series. Obviously they got good ratings on the 1992 World Series replay earlier in the winter.

No spoilers, but you might want to hang around to the very end of game 6. Just a tip.

Here is the schedule:

Game 1: Sunday, Feb. 24

1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)

Replay: 7 p.m. local time (Sportsnet East, Ontario and Pacific)

Game 2: Saturday, March 2

7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)

Replay: March 3, 9:30 a.m. ET/6:30 a.m. PT

(Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)

Game 3: Sunday, March 10

9:30 a.m. ET/6:30 a.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)

Replay: 11 p.m. local time (Sportsnet West and Pacific)

Game 4: Sunday, March 17

9 a.m. ET/6 a.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)

Game 5: Saturday, March 23

9:30 a.m. ET/6:30 a.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)

Replay: 7 p.m. local time/11 p.m. PT

(Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)

Game 6: Saturday, March 30

7 p.m. local time/11 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)

Replay: March 31, 2:30 p.m. ET/11:30 a.m. PT

(Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)

Pat Hentgen pitched game 3 (and would have started game 7), I asked him about what it was like to pitch game 3:

As far pitching in my game, hey man, it was great. I was excited. I got out of the inning, I struck out the side, something I didn't do a whole lot in my career. It was just an exciting time, I'm benefitting from a great team, offensively, we had a great line up that could really hurt you. We scored 3 runs in the first inning. Make no mistake about it, as a starting pitcher that is big. It allows you to get that aggressiveness. Even Halladay, yesterday in his no hitter, the first thing he said was ‘well we had four runs, it takes more heat off, you can be aggressive in the strike zone.' That's exactly how I felt in 93. I was benefitting from a great team. It was exciting, it was a game I'll never forget.

We'll likely have GameThreads. I'm going to suggest a drinking game for game 4, every run scored, drink.

Good work Sportsnet. Thanks for doing this.