Can’t expect Tom to do one of these before even a single exhibition game.
Here’s mine - but need help from anyone else impatient for progress reports.
I am not in Florida, here’s my take based on other’s reports.
* Gibbons nicely in charge, relaxed but no nonsense. handled smoothly the Arencibia wanting to make Dickies 3 other catchers redundant. No-one misses Farrel.
* AA stomps on Lind for - ah it doesn’t matter what for. Lind got a bit baited by some reporter chasing a “life is good with different manager” story.
* Josh Johnson is amping up and looking good.
* Santos is throwing hard and feeling good.
* Dickie’s knuckler continues to dance.
* Cooper; had him pencilled in for dark horse contribution. Sounds like season ending - hope its not career ending.
* Romero’s knee concerns.
* McGowan no go, but still hasn’t given up (but can recover/not under radar).
* Toronto press building too "sure-thing" in expectations
Knock on Wood;
* Not aware of any other injuries so far… or anyone asking to be traded.
* Bautista’s wrist - less news is good news - for now.
* Jeffries sure likes marijuana.. just pitch 96 miles an hour for us for 5 years, only drink rum … then retire to a lifetime supply of whatever you want.
* Jensen surgery more serious than initially made out. On schedule to be ready for start of season or so. We'll see.
* Mark Buehrle’s Pit Bull causes family to live in separate countries.
* Cabrera made his PED statement. He’s still in camp. Gibbons thinks he can hit.