Quick Recap: Blue Spring Game One, Jays Beat Tigers

USA TODAY Sports

Blue Jays 10 Tigers 3

Not a great first outing for Brandon Morrow, he gave up 3 hits, including a massive Prince Fielder 2-run homer. He was helped by a great catch by Anthony Gose on a deep fly to center, I don't think Rasmus makes that catch.

We had a couple of collisions in the outfield. A bad one in the 7th, Mike McCoy ran full speed into Ryan Langerhans, who was under a fly to right. McCoy left the game, I hope it isn't a concussion.

Our pitchers:

  • Brad Lincoln: 1 inning, 2 hits, 1 walk, no runs.
  • Steve Delabar: 1 inning, 1 hit, a home run by Miguel Cabrera, 1 k, 1 earned.
  • Esmil Rogers: 1 inning, 1 hit, 1 k.
  • Dave Bush: 2 innings, 1 walk, 1 k.
  • Ramon Ortiz: 1 inning, 2 walks, 1 k.
  • Niel Wagner: 1 inning, 1 k. Helped by a nice play by Andy LaRoche at third base.
  • Chad Beck piched the 9th. groundout and 2 k.

Some of the hitters:

  • Emilio Bonifacio: 1 for 3. Played some shortstop and some second.
  • Mike McCoy: 0 for 1, walk.
  • Maicer Izturis: 0 for 2, walk.
  • Lance Zawadzki: 1 for 2, grandslam home run, 4 RBI.
  • Brett Lawrie: 1 for 2, walk, 2 RBI.
  • Adam Lind: 2 for 2, Sac Fly, RBI.
  • Josh Thole: 0 for 2, walk, k.
  • J.P. Arencibia: 0 for 3, 2 k. Hit a line drive that was just foul, would have been a double.
  • Moises Sierra: 1 for 2. And a stupid base running mistake. Thrown out at third on a single to left, cost us a run as he was the third out and Lind hadn't scored from second yet. Bad play, the ball was in front of him, he should have seen he would be out.
  • Anthony Gose: 1 for 2, walk, k.
  • Ryan Goins: 1 for 1, 3-run homer.
  • Ricardo Nanita: 0 for 1, walk.

So one game, one win, good start.