Spring Game Thread: Blue Jays and Red Sox

USA TODAY Sports

Blue Jay fans in Dunedin get their first chance to boo John Farrell (oh, I wish I was there). Now folks, don't wear yourself out the first game, it's a long season, you'll get to boo him several times this year.

The Man doesn't help himself:

On the flip side seeing Brian Butterfield in Red Sox colors is just wrong. I don't have any anger towards him, passed over for a promotion often enough, we'd all look for work somewhere else. Brian does it right:

We'll have R.A. Dickey and Josh Johnson pitching for the Jays today, and Darren Oliver is to get an inning too. The game will be broadcast on the Fan 590 and the audio is on MLB.com. J.P. Arencibia gets the job of trying to corral the knuckleball, another reason I really wish I could be there. The main reason is that it is sunny and warm there, while here, it isn't terrible, something like +5, but I'd rather be wearing shorts.

This is a 'b' game for the Red Sox, they also have a game against the Rays today.

Lineup

TORONTO BLUE JAYS BOSTON RED SOX
Jose Reyes, SS Brock Holt, 2B
Melky Cabrera, LF Jackie Bradley, LF
Jose Bautista, DH Will Middlebrooks, 3B
Edwin Encarnacion, 1B Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C
J.P. Arencibia, C Lyle Overbay, 1B
Brett Lawrie, 3B Mauro Gomez, DH
Colby Rasmus, CF Mitch Maier, RF
Moises Sierra, RF J.C. Linares, CF
Lance Zawadzki, SS Pedro Ciriaco, SS

R.A. Dickey, P Steven Wright, P

Game time is 1:00 Eastern. Join us if you are following along.

And, even with Farrell's appearance at the game, language rules still stand for this thread.