Quick Spring Recap: Jays Lose to Red Sox

USA TODAY Sports

Farrell wins the first one, hopefully his last win.

Red Sox 4 Blue Jays 2

I don't want to lose to Farrell, even in spring training, but that's life.

R.A. Dickey wasn't great, in his first game action of the spring. He pitched 2 innings, gave up 4 hits, all singles, and all but one ground ball singles, 2 earned runs. He had 1 wild pitch, that apparently bounced in front of the plate and J.P. Arencibia couldn't block it. JP didn't have any passed balls. He was helped by double plays getting him out of both innings. In the first Moises Sierra caught a fairly deep fly and threw out Jerrod Saltalamacchia at the plate. R.A. gets the loss.

Josh Johnson also pitched 2 innings, and looked good. 1 hit allowed and 2 strikeouts. He hit 93 on the radar gun, which is pretty good for his first time out of the spring.

Darren Oliver pitched his first inning of the spring. 2 hits (single and a double).

Other pitchers:

The only offensive highlights were from Melky Cabrera going 2 for 3, both hits were doubles and he drove in 1 of our 2 runs. Edwin Encarnacion hit is first home run of the season, to get us our other run. We had more trouble with their knuckleball pitcher than they had with ours.

Some of our other hitters:

Ryan Schimpf and Ryan Goins also had an error each.

That makes us 2-2 this spring. I hope that's the last loss to Farrell this year.