Repeat After Me, Spring Games Mean Nothing

No pictures from today's game, so here is Henry Blanco about to tag out a runner, from Yesterday's game. - Al Messerschmidt

Astros 10 Blue Jays 1

So that didn't go well. We start our A-Team, the Astros go with a lineup of 9 guys name Martinez (and none of the good Martinezes) (Martini?). And they thumped us.

Spring Games Don't Matter.

Brad Lincoln had his first action of the spring and it didn't go well. He got 2 outs, gave up 3 hits (including 2 doubles), 1 walk and 4 earned runs. I'm hoping he'll do better in the future.

Jeremy Jeffress also had a rough time of it in his inning. He gave up 4 hits (including a double and a home run), a walk, 3 earned. Wilner said he was throwing between 94-96 MPH. Claudio Vargas didn't do well either, 1 inning, 3 hits (2 doubles and a home run), 3 earned and 1 k.

The only Jay pitcher to have a good outing was Justin Germano, he had 4 strikeouts, giving up just one hit, a double.

Doubles were the theme of the day. We gave up 8 doubles.

We didn't do much on offense either. The 1 run we got was from a J.P. Arencibia home run. Our only other extra base hit was a Jack Murphy double.

A quick look at some of our hitters:

Tomorrow the Jays play the Yankees at Steinbrenner Field (or whatever they call that place) in Tampa. It will be on FX Canada at 1:00 tomorrow.