Colby Rasmus Scratched With Sore Right Shoulder

USA TODAY Sports

Gregor Chisholm reports via Twitter that centre fielder Colby Rasmus has been scratched from the Blue Jays' starting lineup for Today's game against the Yankees. Rasmus has a sore right shoulder--but there is no need for too much alarm as he throws with his left arm. This might explain why Dirk Hayhurst tweeted a photo of the Jays' lineup with someone named "Ramus" playing in centre field.

According to Mike Wilner, Rasmus has been replaced by Rajai Davis, who will be making his third start of the spring:

J.P. Arencibia also gets a day off behind the plate with Henry Blanco catching Brandon Morrow in the 1 pm game. The game is televised and can be seen on FX Canada or MLB.tv. Of course, you can also listen to the game for free online at BlueJays.com.