Quick Recap: Jays Beat Yankees

Toronto Blue Jays Andy LaRoche celebrates with teammate catcher Mike Nickeas after hitting the game-winning solo homer. - Derick E. Hingle-USA TODAY Sports

Blue Jays 1 Yankees 0

Much better pitching than the last few games. Brandon Morrow pitched the first two innings, gave up 2 hits, struck out one. He was helped out by a bad call at first base, Yankee catcher Chris Stewart hit one into the hole at short and Jose Reyes made a nice play, but the throw was just late. Stewart was still called out, and Stewart was ejected for questioning the sight of the umpire. There was only 2 hard hit balls off Brandon, a double by Juan Rivera (I'm thinking the Jays want him to look good, so the Yankees keep him) and a fly to right, that was hit right at Bautista.

We only allowed 6 hits in total.

Other Jay pitchers:

Our hitters didn't do much either. Our only extra base hit was Andy LaRoche's home run.

Tomorrow the Rays come to Dunedin to play the Jays, and, of course, Sportsnet has the Yankees/Phillies game on across the network. That's 5 straight days of the Yankees on Rogers. Someone should mention to them that they own a baseball team. And it isn't the Yankees.