Toronto Blue Jays Andy LaRoche celebrates with teammate catcher Mike Nickeas after hitting the game-winning solo homer. - Derick E. Hingle-USA TODAY Sports
Much better pitching than the last few games. Brandon Morrow pitched the first two innings, gave up 2 hits, struck out one. He was helped out by a bad call at first base, Yankee catcher Chris Stewart hit one into the hole at short and Jose Reyes made a nice play, but the throw was just late. Stewart was still called out, and Stewart was ejected for questioning the sight of the umpire. There was only 2 hard hit balls off Brandon, a double by Juan Rivera (I'm thinking the Jays want him to look good, so the Yankees keep him) and a fly to right, that was hit right at Bautista.
We only allowed 6 hits in total.
Other Jay pitchers:
- J.A. Happ: 1 inning, 1 k. No Yankees injured.
- Sergio Santos: 1.0, 1 hit, 1 k. Very pretty slider.
- Aaron Loup: 1.0.
- Brett Cecil: 2 hits.
- Evan Crawford: 1.0.
- John Stilson: 1.0, 1 hit.
- Chad Beck: 1.0, 1 hit..
Our hitters didn't do much either. Our only extra base hit was Andy LaRoche's home run.
- Jose Reyes: 1 for 3, stolen base. .545.
- Ryan Goins: 1 for 1. .400.
- Melky Cabrera: 0 for 3.
- Lance Zawadzki: 0 for 1, k. .556. Let a ball drop at his feet in left too.
- Jose Bautista: 0 for 2, walk. k. .091.
- Edwin Encarnacion: 0 for 3, k. .167.
- J.P. Arencibia: 1 for 2, k. .364.
- Luiz Jimenez: 0 for 2, 2 k. .100.
- Brett Lawrie: 1 for 2. .300.
- Andy LaRoche: 1 for 2, home run. .333.
- Rajai Davis: 0 for 2. .250.
- Henry Blanco: 0 for 2. .111.
- Mike Nickeas: 0 for 1. .200.
- Maicer Izturis: 0 for 2. Caught stealing. .000.
Tomorrow the Rays come to Dunedin to play the Jays, and, of course, Sportsnet has the Yankees/Phillies game on across the network. That's 5 straight days of the Yankees on Rogers. Someone should mention to them that they own a baseball team. And it isn't the Yankees.