Quick Recap: Yankees Beat Jays

Adam Lind - USA TODAY Sports

Yankees 3 Blue Jays 0

A nice outing for J.A. Happ. 3.1, 4 hits (3 singles and a double), 1 walk, 2 k. He looked good with the glove too, made a nice play on a bunt single attempt by Brett Gardner to start the game, and a nice grab on a comebacker later in the game.

Brett Cecil, on the other hand didn't fair so well. 1.1, 1 hit (a 3 run double by the Garden Gnome), 3 runs, 2 earned, 3 walks, 2 k. He wasn't helped by an error from Mike McCoy, but then Mark DeRosa made a super play at third base to get him out of the fourth inning. His ERA is 8.59 now.

The other Jay pitchers did well:

We didn't do a lot with the bats, 7 hits, all but one singles.

Tomorrow is an off day for the Jays.