FanPost

Up / down - third week, etc.

Next week I’ll just write an update in comments - instead of overpopulating the FanPosts

The trends from second week mostly carried over to third.

Positive: (almost copy & paste from last week)

  • Johnson continues to get stronger.
  • Reyes, continues wow.
  • Outfield young depth has stepped up; Gose especially.
  • Lind, looks good and getting results
  • Bautista has first multi hit game.

Negative; Worrysome as all starting pitching.

  • Romero; no signs of being a sure (or even probable) thing
  • Dickie and Beuhrle not kicked into gear yet.
  • un-Happ-yness

Uncertain

  • Injurie return dates of Lawrie, Jensen, Santos, McGowan.
  • Who will get last Bullpen spots, anyone released ?
  • infield defence (first signs of settling late in week)

Interesting;

  • If Lawrie can’t start season and Gose and Lind stay hot… Bautista to third ?
  • Bautista gets away with saying politically questionable things because he’s Bautista. (including his calling out AA at last years all star game .. to kinda force the trade of prospects for Happ, etc)
  • After all the talk of starting with best players .. management (and posters here) may be leaning to purely keeping assets … and only those with options getting sent down.