Quick Recap: Jays Lose to Red Sox

Josh Thole. We don't have pictures from today's game. - USA TODAY Sports

Blue Jays 3 Red Sox 5

Other than a Jim Negrych home run, there wasn't all that much exciting for the Jays.

Pitchers:

  • Justin Germano: 3.0, 5 hits, 2 earned, 2 k. 7.20 ERA for the spring. He wasn't great.
  • Claudio Vargas: 2.0, 4 hits, 1 earned, 2 walks. 5.14. He didn't impress either.
  • Chad Beck: 1 hit, 2 earned, 1 walk. 3.86. His first inning was great. 6 pitches, all strikes, to get 3 quick outs. His second inning didn't go as well.
  • Juan Perez: 1.0, 1 hit.

Batters:

  • Anthony Gose: 1 for 4, double, k. .367. Also threw out Mike Napoli at second, on a hit off the left field wall.
  • Colby Rasmus: 0 for 3, k. .143. He's going to need a few games to get the timing down, after missing a week with a sore shoulder.
  • Jose Bautista: 1 for 3, double. .207.
  • Luis Jimenez: 1 for 3. double.192.
  • Josh Thole: 0 for 3. .143. I think he's losing the battle for the backup catcher job.
  • Andy LaRoche: 0 for 3, k. .276.
  • Lars Anderson: 2 for 4, double, k. .357.
  • Ryan Goins: 1 for 2. .235.
  • Lance Zawadzki: 0 for 2. .333. His spring training magic is over.
  • Jim Negrych: 2 for 2, home run. .444.

And the Dominican Republic beat Italy 5-4 after spotting them 4 runs in the first. Jose Reys went 2 for 5, with a home run and 2 runs scored. Edwin Encarnacion went 1 for 3 with a bases loaded walk in the 3 run 7th. Richardo Nanita was 0 for 2. Moises Sierra was 0 for 1, after going in as a defensive sub. It was a good game.

In This Article

Teams