World Baseball Classic GameThread: Dominican Republic vs. United States

USA TODAY Sports

Today we have the highly anticipated matchup of the baseball powerhouses Dominican Republic and the United States. The Blue Jays' battery of R.A. Dickey and J.P. Arencibia will be starting for the United States and will be Toronto teammates Jose Reyes, Edwin Encarnacion, and Ricardo Nanita (ok fine, he'll be in Buffalo this year). The dome is closed at Marlins Ballpark so let's see if that would help him out.

The Dominicans will counter with right hander Samuel Deduno, who has had three cups of coffee in the majors with the Rockies, Padres, and Twins.

"Captain America" David Wright is a late scratch, and the U.S. is starting Willie Bloomquist instead. According to the broadcast, this will be the first matchup between the two countries in World Baseball Classic history. This will be fun.