Quick Recap: Jays lose to Orioles

John Gibbons before today's game - USA TODAY Sports

Orioles 3 Blue Jays 1

Not a great start for J.A. Happ, 3.2, 4 hits (all doubles), 2 earned, 6 strikeouts. 77 pitches, but not too bad. Lots of pitches, got to his pitch count early. Some hard hit balls, but then 6 strikeouts. 2.77 ERA. He also had 2 wild pitches.

Sergio Santos got his first work since his little bit soreness, a great inning, a ground out, pop out and fly out, less than 10 pitches. 2.25 ERA.

Other pitchers:

  • Neil Wagner: 0.1, 1 hit, 1 walk. 4.50.
  • Steve Delabar: 1.0, 1 hit. 4.26.
  • Aaron Loup: 1.0, 1 hit, 2 k. 1.29. Continues to be great.
  • Jeremy Jeffress: 1 double, 2 walks, didn't get an out. I hope he is ok. He was lucky that Alex Hinshaw came in with the bases loaded and got a 1, 2, 3 double play and a fly out, to save Jeremy some earned runs. Jeffress ERA 3.38, Hinshaw 3.68. I was pretty sure Jeffress had earned a spot in the pen, but today didn't help.
  • Bobby Korecky: 1.0, 1 hit, 1 earned. 4.50.

We didn't do a lot on offense, just 4 hits. I'm hoping when our Dominicans come back, the offense will pick up.

Batters:

The Jays are now 8-12 on the spring. Tomorrow they bus over to Kissimmee to play the Astros. And Sportsnet has the Red Sox/Rays game. That's ok, I didn't want to watch the Jays anyway. So there.

The Dominican Republic beat Puerto Rico 2-0. Nice start from Wandy Rodriguez, though he seemed to like letting the leadoff hitter on base most innings. 6 innings, 2 hits, 2 walks, 4 k. Jose Reyes went 0 for 4, with a k. Edwin Encarnacion was 1 for 3, with a k. Moises Sierra 1 for 3, with a k and fouled a pitch off his foot. It looked like he might have to come out of the game for a bit there. The Dominican wouldn't mind if he was injured, so they could call on Jose Bautista for the finals.