Not a great start for J.A. Happ, 3.2, 4 hits (all doubles), 2 earned, 6 strikeouts. 77 pitches, but not too bad. Lots of pitches, got to his pitch count early. Some hard hit balls, but then 6 strikeouts. 2.77 ERA. He also had 2 wild pitches.
Sergio Santos got his first work since his little bit soreness, a great inning, a ground out, pop out and fly out, less than 10 pitches. 2.25 ERA.
- Neil Wagner: 0.1, 1 hit, 1 walk. 4.50.
- Steve Delabar: 1.0, 1 hit. 4.26.
- Aaron Loup: 1.0, 1 hit, 2 k. 1.29. Continues to be great.
- Jeremy Jeffress: 1 double, 2 walks, didn't get an out. I hope he is ok. He was lucky that Alex Hinshaw came in with the bases loaded and got a 1, 2, 3 double play and a fly out, to save Jeremy some earned runs. Jeffress ERA 3.38, Hinshaw 3.68. I was pretty sure Jeffress had earned a spot in the pen, but today didn't help.
- Bobby Korecky: 1.0, 1 hit, 1 earned. 4.50.
We didn't do a lot on offense, just 4 hits. I'm hoping when our Dominicans come back, the offense will pick up.
- Emilio Bonifacio: 0 for 3, k. .282. His hot streak seems to have ended, but then he hasn't made an error in a while.
- Maicer Izturis: 2 for 4, k. .229.
- Melky Cabrera: 0 for 4, k. .325.
- Jose Bautista: 0 for 2, 2 walks, a steal and scored our run. .229. Also threw behind a runner at first to get an out.
- Adam Lind: 1 for 2, walk. .424. His single was off a lefty. His spring keeps on rolling.
- Mark DeRosa: 0 for 2, k, sac fly. .458.
- Colby Rasmus: 0 for 4, k. .130. You can start hitting anytime now Colby.
- Ryan Langerhans: 0 for 1, walk. .310.
- Henry Blanco: 1 for 2. .304.
- Josh Thole: 0 for 1. .130.
The Dominican Republic beat Puerto Rico 2-0. Nice start from Wandy Rodriguez, though he seemed to like letting the leadoff hitter on base most innings. 6 innings, 2 hits, 2 walks, 4 k. Jose Reyes went 0 for 4, with a k. Edwin Encarnacion was 1 for 3, with a k. Moises Sierra 1 for 3, with a k and fouled a pitch off his foot. It looked like he might have to come out of the game for a bit there. The Dominican wouldn't mind if he was injured, so they could call on Jose Bautista for the finals.