Quick Recap: Jays Beat Astros, Melky Cabrera, Josh Thole and Jose Bautista Homer

No new pictures, here is Emilio Bonifacio from last Wednesday - USA TODAY Sports

Astros 6 Blue Jays 10

Mark Buehrle pitched 4 innings, 3 good, 1 bad. In the 3rd he gave up 2 singles, 2 doubles and a home run. In total 4.0, 8 hits, 4 earned, 1 walk, 4 k. His spring ERA is 6.23. It's spring, he's allowed to work on things.

  • Sergio Santos: 1.0, 2 hits, 1 home run, 2 k. 5.40. I'm just happy to see him pitching. Ground ball single and a home run that was apparently helped by the wind.
  • Esmil Rogers: 2.0, 1 hit, 1 walk, 4 k. 8.64. Nice to see him do well. he's been hit hard.
  • Justin Germano: 2.0, 2 hits, 2 k. 6.23.

A good day for our bats. 14 hits, 10 runs, 4 home runs (Cabrera, Bautista, Thole and Langerhans). It is about time we beat the Astros.

Tomorrow the Jays play the Orioles in Sarasota.