GameThread: WBC Final Puerto Rico vs. Dominican Republic

Edwin's glove. - Ezra Shaw

So we've made it to the finals and it is an all Caribbean final. It should be a great game.

Giancarlo Alvarado (Jack Morris will never pronounce that right) gets the start for the Puerto Ricans. He is 35, right-handed and pitched in the Japanese major leagues, the last three seasons. He has a 12-21 record with a 3.53 ERA in 45 starts, 227 strikeouts and 89 walks in 257 innings.

Samuel Deduno starts for the Dominicans. He's 29, and right-handed. He made 15 starts for the Twin in 2012, going 6-5 with a 4.44 ERA, 57 strikeouts, 53 walks in 79 innings.

Course being the final, neither pitcher will get much rope.

Lineup

PUERTO RICO DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
Angel Pagan, CF Jose Reyes, SS
Irving Falu, 2B Erick Aybar, DH
Carlos Beltran, DH Robinson Cano, 2B
Yadier Molina, C Edwin Encarnacion, 1B
Mile Aviles, SS Hanley Ramirez, 3B
Alex Rios, RF Nelson Cruz, RF
Carlos Rivera, 1B Carlos Santana, C
Andy Gonzalez, 3B Moises Sierra, LF
Jesus Feliciano, LF Alejandro De Aza, CF

So two former Jays in the PR lineup, if you count Aviles. DR has 3 current Blue Jays in the starting lineup. I think I'll cheer for them.