The Jays are trying to stretch Jeremy Jeffress out, for a possible long man role in the bullpen. It didn't go well today. He got through the first inning ok, pitching around a double and a walk, but in the second inning he gave up back-to-back home runs to start the inning, then another home run after two outs. He gave up one more walk and a hit batter before a strikeout of Matt Wieters to get out of the inning. 5.40 spring ERA. The second Jay to give up 3 home runs in an inning this spring, Esmil Rogers did it earlier.
- Gillermo Moscoso: 1.0, 5 hits, 3 earned, 0 walks, 1 k, 2 home runs. 12.00. Not a great first time out as a Jay, the ball was really flying out today.
- Mickey Storey: 2.0, 2 k. 1.17.
- Dave Bush: 3.0, 3 hits, 1 walk, 3 k. 2.45.
We did get 10 hits of our own.
- Anthony Gose: 0 for 1, 2 walks, 1 k. .308
- Emilio Bonifacio: 3 for 4, home run, 2 RBI. .326. No errors. He's having a nice spring.
- Melky Cabrera 1 for 2, walk. .356.
- J.P. Arencibia: 3 for 4, 2 doubles, 3 RBI. .435. Looks like the WBC was a good thing for J.P.
- Adam Lind: 0 for 3, k. .400. Would drop under .400 if he doesn't hit in his next game.
- Mark DeRosa: 0 for 2, walk. .429.
- Mike McCoy: 0 for 2, k. .154.
- Andy LaRoche: 1 for 4. .244.
- Ryan Langerhans: 0 for 4, 3 k. .270.
- Maicer Izturis: 1 for 2, walk, double. .225. He's been hitting great the last week or so.
- Lance Zawadzki: 1 for 1, double. .290.
Tomorrow the Jays head off to Port Charlotte to play the Rays. Claudio Vargas, Ramon Ortiz and Brett Cecil are to pitch. Ricky Romero gets a minor league start so they can watch his mechanics carefully.