Quick Recap: Jeremy Jeffress gives up three home runs

No pictures from today's game, here is John Gibbons. - USA TODAY Sports

Blue Jays 5 Orioles 6

The Jays are trying to stretch Jeremy Jeffress out, for a possible long man role in the bullpen. It didn't go well today. He got through the first inning ok, pitching around a double and a walk, but in the second inning he gave up back-to-back home runs to start the inning, then another home run after two outs. He gave up one more walk and a hit batter before a strikeout of Matt Wieters to get out of the inning. 5.40 spring ERA. The second Jay to give up 3 home runs in an inning this spring, Esmil Rogers did it earlier.

  • Gillermo Moscoso: 1.0, 5 hits, 3 earned, 0 walks, 1 k, 2 home runs. 12.00. Not a great first time out as a Jay, the ball was really flying out today.
  • Mickey Storey: 2.0, 2 k. 1.17.
  • Dave Bush: 3.0, 3 hits, 1 walk, 3 k. 2.45.

We did get 10 hits of our own.

Tomorrow the Jays head off to Port Charlotte to play the Rays. Claudio Vargas, Ramon Ortiz and Brett Cecil are to pitch. Ricky Romero gets a minor league start so they can watch his mechanics carefully.