Derick Hingle-USA TODAY Sports
It didn't look like either team was going to score today. The Red Sox have an excuse, as they didn't bring their regulars to Dunedin. The Jays, on the other hand had many of their regulars.
J.A. Happ went 6 innings, allowed 2 hits (one a wind blown double that should have been an out), 2 walks, 3 k and hit a batter. More strikeouts would be ok, against that lineup but all was ok.
Casey Janssen pitched in a major league spring game for the first time this spring. 1 inning, 2 strikeouts. The radar at the park, as reported by Jerry and Jack Morris, had him at 89 MPH, so might be some velocity to get back yet.
On offense, not much happened, we had 4 hits, 2 in the 8th inning and 3 walks.
- Jose Reyes: 0 for 1, 2 walks. .600.
- Emilio Bonifacio: 0 for 3, 2 k, stolen base. .306.
- Melky Cabrera: 1 for 3, steal. .354.
- Jose Bautista: 0 for 3, 2 k. .244.
- Adam Lind: 0 for 3. .372.
- Colby Rasmus: 0 for 2, walk, k. .167.
- Mark DeRosa: 2 for 3, double. .452.
- Maicer Izturis: 1 for 3. .233.