Quick Recap: Arencibia, Cabrera and Davis homer, Jays still lose

Melky Cabrera forced out at the plate today. - USA TODAY Sports

Braves 10 Blue Jays 5

Brandon Morrow didn't look as bad as his 5.1, 8 hits, 5 earned, 1 walk, 2 k line makes it seem. He had a really quick 1st inning. Gave up a couple of doubles and a run in the 2nd. Quick 3rd. Quick 4th. The 5th was the bad inning, two quick out, then 4 straight singles, a walk and another single before getting a ground out to end the inning. None of the singles were all that hard hit. With a bit of luck he could have been out of that inning without the 4 runs against, but then he got to 2 strikes on many of the at bats that produced singles and didn't get the strikeout. He gave up a double and got a ground out before coming out of the game in the 6th.

I'm not going to worry about Brandon, but it would have been nice to see a strikeout pitch. 7.80 ERA, about the same as Ricky's. But then Ricky looks lost, while Brandon has been working on pitches.

Other pitchers:

  • Juan Perez: 0.2, 2 k. 0.00. He did a nice job coming in for Morrow with a runner on 2nd and 2 out.
  • Aaron Loup: 1.0, 1 hit, 1 k. 1.13. Nice spring for Aaron.
  • Esmil Rogers: 1.0, 1 hit, home run, 1 earned, 1 k. 7.84.
  • Clint Everts: 0.2, 3 hits, 4 earned, 2 walks, 2 k. 54.00.
  • Chad Beck: 0.1. 3.68.

Our batters had a pretty good game, 12 hits, 3 walks, 3 home runs:

  • Jose Reyes: 0 for 4. .474.
  • Rajai Davis: 1 for 5, home run, k. .189.
  • Melky Cabrera: 2 for 3, double, home run. k. .373. He's having a great spring too.
  • Jose Bautista: 1 for 2, walk, stolen base. .255.
  • J.P. Arencibia: 3 for 3, home run, walk, stolen base on the back end of a double steal with Bautista. .448. Not sure if I'm happier about the home run of the walk, but he's had a great spring. I hope it carries over to the season.
  • Adam Lind: 0 for 3, walk. .348. He started the spring so well, but is in a bit of a slump now. Had trouble with the lefty pitcher.
  • Mark DeRosa: 2 for 3, 1 k. .471. Made a couple of nice plays in the field too.
  • Maicer Izturis: 1 for 3. .239.
  • Emilio Bonifacio: 1 for 3. .308. Looked ok in CF.

It was nice to see the game on TV, thanks Sportsnet. Tomorrow's game against the Twins is on FX Canada.