GameThread: Phillies @ Blue Jays

Colby - USA TODAY Sports

So, lots of little bits of Blue Jay news today. It's too bad that Lawrie will miss at least the first few games of the season. He'll be eligible to be activated from the DL on the 6th, which would have him missing only 4 games. Of course, it could be more than that too. I like that they will platoon Maicer Izturis and Mark DeRosa, at third base, until he's ready to go.

It looks like his injury will save Jeremy Jeffress, at least for a few days. I don't know what's going on with him, he was doing so well early in spring, but seems to have lost it. I figured it was just a tired arm, at first, not so sure now.

And J.P. Arencibia gets to catch R.A. Dickey (since neither of them can afford a real first name), at least on opening day. I don't want Blanco catching 20% of the games, so I think this is a good plan.

There is some none Blue Jay news, Kyle Lohse is signing with the Brewers.

Anyway, today's game:

Lineup

TORONTO BLUE JAYS PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
Jose Reyes, SS Jimmy Rollins, SS
Melky Cabrera, LF Ben Revere, CF
Jose Bautista, RF Chase Utley, DH
J.P. Arencibia, C Ryan Howard, 1B
Adam Lind, 1B Michael Young, 3B
Mark DeRosa, 3B Domonic Brown, RF
Colby Rasmus, CF John Mayberry, LF
Rajai Davis, DH Kevin Frandsen, 2B
Emilio Bonifacio, 2B Erik Kratz, C
Josh Johnson, P John Lannan, P

It isn't on TV, which is too bad, I'd like to watch Josh Johnson. MLB audio has it. The nice news is that Wednesday's game is on FX Canada, and Dustin McGowan is to pitch in that one.

I'm not going to worry about Edwin Encarnacion, unless he doesn't play by Wednesday or Thursday. If he doesn't start the season, I hope Gibby can do something better than put JP in the clean up spot.