Jays 13 Phillies 4: J.P. Arencibia hits two home runs

USA TODAY Sports

Philies 4 Blue Jays 13

That was fun. Our pitchers were great, our batters were great.

Josh Johnson looks like he is ready for the regular season. He went 5.1 shutout inning, allowed just 4 hits, 1 walk, 8 strikeouts Life is good. He has a 1.13 ERA this spring.

Darren Oliver and Casey Janssen were just as good. Neither has allowed an earned run this spring. Darren Oliver got the last 2 outs of the 6th. Casey Janssen struck out the side in the 7th, throwing just 10 pitches.

Brett Cecil pitched one quick three up three down inning, then had trouble in his second inning, 4 hits and a hit batter cost him 4 earned runs. In all 1.2, 4 hits, 4 earned, 2 k. He's at a 7.04 ERA this spring.

Neil Wagner came in and gave up a single before getting the last out last out.

The hitters had fun too. J.P. Arencibia had 2 home runs and a double. Melky Cabrera also had a home run. And Jose Reyes hit a triple. 15 hits in all for the Jays.

  • Jose Reyes: 2 for 4, triple. .478.
  • Melky Cabrera: 2 for 4, home run. .382.
  • Jose Bautista: 1 for 3, double, hit by pitch. ..260.
  • J.P. Arencibia: 3 for 4, 2 home runs, double, 5 RBI. .485.
  • Adam Lind: 1 for 4. .340.
  • Mark DeRosa: 2 for 3, double. .486.
  • Colby Rasmus: 1 for 3, walk, k. .167. He has a .375 OBP.
  • Rajai Davis: 2 for 3. .273.
  • Emilio Bonifacio: 1 for 4. .304.

The Jays are now 12-16 on the spring, they need to go on a bit of a run to get to finish at .500 on the spring. The Pirates come visit Dunedin tomorrow. We get to see Travis Snider, or at least we would if it was on TV.