GameThread: Pirates @ Blue Jays

Ricky - US PRESSWIRE

This is an interesting one and it's not on TV, but, lucky us, we can watch soccer all day. Tomorrow's game is on TV.

Today, Ricky Romero gets the start and is to pitch 6 innings. I'll forgive you if you have a little laugh here.

Yeah we need to see him have a good start. I don't think the odds are great, but we can hope.

Dustin McGowan is to pitch, another reason I'd like to see the game. Sergio Santos and Darren Oliver in line to get an inning's work.

Edwin Encarnacion took batting practice today and it all went well. He plans to play on Thursday.

Lineup

TORONTO BLUE JAYS PITTSBURGH PIRATES
Jose Reyes, SS Starling Marte, LF
Melky Cabrera, DH Felix Pie, CF
Jose Bautista, RF Gaby Sanchez, 1B
J.P. Arencibia, C Pedro Alvarez, 3B
Mark DeRosa, 3B Michael McKenry, C
Adam Lind, 1B Garrett Jones, RF
Rajai Davis, LF Jordy Mercer, 2B
Maicer Izturis, 2B John McDonald, SS
Emilio Bonifacio, CF Jonathan Sanchez, P
Ricky Romero, P

The Pirates aren't going to use the DH and Travis Snider didn't make the trip, but Johnny Mac did.

Please Ricky, lets have a good start.

In other news, the Red Sox have released Lyle Overbay, in about 5 minutes the Yankees will grab him to add to their collection of former Blue Jays.