Alex Anthopoulos Confirms The Blue Jays Will Open With An Eight-Man Bullpen

Steve Delabar is expected to be a big part of the eight-man bullpen. - USA TODAY Sports

This morning on the Brady and Lang show on Sportsnet 590 the Fan, Alex Anthopoulos confirmed that the Toronto Blue Jays will be starting the season with an eight-man bullpen, and that the opening 25-man roster will be announced later this afternoon. Injured 3B Brett Lawrie will not be on it, as he will be starting the season on the 15-day disabled list (retroactive to March 22).

Shi Davidi reports that optionless Brett Cecil has made the team (sorry I can't link it directly--updating with my phone on a taxiing plane):

@ShiDavidi: Brett Cecil has been told he'll break camp with #Bluejays. They plan to carry eight relievers, presumably Jeremy Jeffress does too

Keep an eye on Bluebird Banter for any new developments!

SB Nation Featured Video