Blue Jays 2 Philles 7
That was a very good start for Brandon Morrow. He did give up 3 runs, but one of the base runners got on base by a bunt single that J.P. Arencibia really should have made a play on. The next batter hits an easy ground ball to second but Eugenio Velez did the bull fighter thing on it and totally missed it. The next was on Morrow, a grooved fastball that Chase Utley hit a mile. Other than that pitch he was great. 7.0, 6 hits, 2 earned, 0 walks, 3 k. ERA is now 6.14.
Sergio Santos, on the other hand, was terrible. 1.0, 3 hits, 4 earned, 1 walk, 1 home run. 9.00. I guess we should be happy he got the terrible game out of his system before the season starts.
- Jose Reyes: 2 for 3, caught stealing. .483.
- Melky Cabrera: 0 for 2, 2 k. .367. He had as bad looking strikeout as I've ever seen, chasing everything, including swinging at a pitch that hit him for strike three.
- Jose Bautista: 1 for 3, double. .259.
- Edwin Encarnacion: 1 for 3. .222.
- Adam Lind: 2 for 2, opposite field double. .362.
- J.P. Arencibia: 0 for 1, walk, k. .447.
- Colby Rasmus: 0 for 1, walk, k. .171.
- Rajai Davis: 0 for 2, k. .250.
- Maicer Izturis: 1 for 2, 1 k. .236.
- Emilio Bonifacio: 0 for 2, 2 k. .297.