FanShot

Random 2013 Blue Jays fact that probably interests only me

I was playing around on Fangraphs today and ended up looking at the career "standard" pitching stats of all active MLB starting pitchers (no minimum IP limit). After poking around enough, I discovered the following fact about our 2013 Blue Jays: The 2013 Blue Jays have 2 players among the top 10 active SPs who have committed the most balks: Mark Buehrle (3rd - 15) and Darren Oliver (7th - 10). The Yankees also have 2 in the top 10: CC Sabathia (4th - 14) and Andy Pettite (t-5th - 11). The active leader is former Jay Ted Lilly with 28, nearly double the 2nd place finisher Justin Verlander (15). The all time leader is Steve Carlton with 88.