An ok start for Brandon Morrow. 2 innings, plus a batter, 1 hits, 1 walk, 3 k, 1 unearned run. He wasn't helped by a dropped popup by Lance Zawadzki, lost in the sun. He was to go 3 innings, but hit his pitch count early.
Brett Cecil relieved him, with a runner on second and two out, and got out of the inning without the run scoring. He had a more trouble in the 4th, a lead off double, 2 strikeouts, a walk, then another double, scoring 2, and a ground out to end things In total, 1 innings, 2 hits, both doubles, 1 walk, 3 k.
After that we had an inning each from:
- Michael Schwimer: 1 hit, a home run, 1 walk, 2 k, 1 earned.
- Tommy Hottovy: 1 hit, 1 k.
- Aaron Loup: 1 hit, 2 k.
- Ramon Ortiz: 1 hit.
- Anthony Gose: 0 for 3, walk, k. .300.
- Rajai Davis: 0 for 3..176.
- Maicer Izturis: 1 for 3, k. Gets his first hit of the spring. .056,
- Jim Negrych: 1 for 1, home run. .400.
- Adam Lind: 1 for 1, double, walk. .474.
- Lars Anderson: 1 for 1, walk and a base running mistake that ended the game. He'll fit in great. .250.
- Andy LaRoche: 0 for 3, k. .300.
- Ryan Langerhans: 1 for 3. .316.
- Luis Jimenez: 1 for 4, k. .176.
- Josh Thole: 0 for 2, k. .077.
- Jack Murphy: 0 for 2, k. .250.
- Lance Zawadzki: 1 for 2. .467.
Tomorrow the Jays head over to Sarasota to play the Orioles and this game will be shown on FX Canada, for those of you that get the channel.
There were a few Jays playing for the Dominican Republic in their 8-2 win against the Yankees. Jose Reyes was 2 for 5, with a double. Edwin Encarnacion went 2 for 2, with a walk and a double. Ricardo Nanita was 3 for 5, with a double.
Team Canada plays the Reds at 9:00 Eastern, but it isn't on TV.