Quick Recap: Jays Beat Braves, 3.2 Perfect Innings From Josh Johnson

We don't seem to be getting pictures, maybe all the photographers are at the WBC - USA TODAY Sports

Blue Jays 7 Braves 1

A great game for Anthony Gose, 3 for 4, home run, 2 stolen bases, 4 runs scored, 2 RBI. He's looking really good this spring, batting a big .375 after today's game.

And, speaking of great games, Josh Johnson went 3.2 perfect innings, had 5 strikeouts. Only 2 balls left the infield against him, 2 easy fly balls. Spring ERA of 1.17.

Jeremy Jeffress followed with 2.1 innings of 1 hit ball. He gave up the single, an unearned run (throwing error on the catcher Mike Nickeas on a steal, allowing the runner to go to 3rd), and 3 strikeouts. He hit 98 on the radar gun. His spring ERA is 5.68.

Jay pitching only allowed 2 singles.

Other pitchers:

  • Esmil Rogers: 1.0, 2 strikeouts. 9.00 ERA. Hayhurst and Wilner were saying that Rogers was tipping his pitches his last time out, when he gave up the 3 home runs.
  • Steve Delabar: 1.0, 1 hit. 5.79.
  • Tyson Brummett: 1.0. Clean. 0.00.

On the hitting side, as well as Gose's great game, Rajai Davis went 2-4, with a triple, and 3 RBI. He was thrown out at second trying to stretch a single, likely thinking there would be a play at the plate. He's hitting .238 now.

Others:

Tomorrow the Jays host the Tigers at Dunedin. The game isn't on TV, but will be on the Fan590 and MLB Audio. The Jays are now 6-7 with a tie on the spring. They won't be breaking last year's spring record.