Buffalo Bisons Opening Day Roster

Anthony Gose - Derick E. Hingle-USA TODAY Sports

Here is the Buffalo Bisons' opening day roster:

Manager: Marty Brown
Pitching Coach: Bob Stanley
Hitting Coach: John Nunnally

Pitchers:
Alex Burnett
David Bush
Buddy Caryle
Justin Germano
Alex Hinshaw
Brad Lincoln
Ramon Ortiz
Juan Perez
Todd Redmond
Mickey Storey
Claudio Vargas
Neil Wagner

Catchers:
Mike Nickeas
Josh Thole

Infielders:
Lars Anderson
Ryan Goins
Luis Jimenez
Munenori Kawasaki
Andy LaRoche
Jim Negrych
Eugenio Velez

Outfielders:
Anthony Gose
Ryan Langerhans
Mike McCoy
Moises Sierra

The Bisons' season opens Thursday, at home at Coca-Cola Field against the Rochester Red Wings.

Buffalo fans have a couple of familiar faces. Josh Thole played 48 games there last season and Mike Nickeas has played there for at least parts of the last 4 seasons. 23 of the 25 players have major league experience and, according to the team press release, they have a total of 3,299 MLB games. Four of the Bisons spent some time with the Blue Jays last year: Lincoln, Gose, Sierra and McCoy. And David Bush made 40 starts for the Jays, over two seasons, back in 2004-2005.

Second baseman Jim Negrych is lucky enought to get to play for his hometown team.

I thought that Adam Loewen would start the season in Buffalo but it looks like he'll be in New Hampshire.