Lars Anderson traded to White Sox

USA TODAY Sports

The Blue Jays have traded Lars Anderson to the White Sox for cash.

The Jays DFAed Anderson a few days ago. It looks like they found out that he wouldn't pass through waivers, so instead of just getting the waiver fee for him, they, likely, get an extra few dollars to send him to Chicago. For Chicago, they don't have to hope that he falls to them in on the waiver claim.

I was kind of looking forward to having him in Buffalo. I guess I'll never get to wear my Lars Anderson Blue Jay Jersey. It can sit beside my Mike Napoli jersey in the back of the closet.