Winning Is Better By Captain Obvious Sunday April 14, 2013 Links

"I had a nightmare that I was Kevin Gregg and it was awful" "That'll do, Casey. That'll do." - Ed Zurga

Hey everyone, it's the first Jays winning streak of the season and let's hope that it is not the last or the longest. Last night also might have been the start of the legend of Kawasaki. Whatever it is, here are some links for your lazy dog dangling Sunday reading.

GAME RECAPS

Blue Jays beat Kansas City Royals, R.A. Dickey delivers | Toronto Star
The Star's Recap: With Jose Reyes expected to miss the next three months with a severe ankle sprain, the Blue Jays will be counting on their starting rotation to deliver on expectations.

Blue Jays’ R.A. Dickey shuts down Royals for first win with Toronto | MLB | Sports | National Post
The National Post's Recap: R.A. Dickey hopes the Jose Reyes' injury sparks the Toronto Blue Jays

Minus injured Reyes, Jays beat Royals as Dickey outduels Shields - The Globe and Mail
AP/Globe And Mail's Recap: The NL Cy Young Award winner allowed one run and five hits in 6 2-3 innings Saturday night, and Jose Bautista backed him with a two-run homer in the Blue Jays’ 3-2 win over the Kansas City Royals

One pitch makes the difference as Royals lose 3-2 to Blue Jays - KansasCity.com
The Other Side's Recap: Jose Bautista rocked a two-run homer in the sixth inning that carried the Toronto Blue Jays to a 3-2 victory over James Shields and the Royals on Saturday night at Kauffman Stadium. The Blue Jays can sweep the three-game series with a win in Sunday’s finale.

JAYS LINKS

Blue Jays: Jose Reyes injury no excuse for not contending: Griffin | Toronto Star
Caution Griff Thinks!: With shortstop and leadoff man Jose Reyes out for three months with a badly sprained ankle, other Jays will have to step up offensively.

R.A. Dickey’s incredible journey featured on 60 Minutes | Toronto Star
For those interested: Blue Jay pitcher’s bestselling autobiography and charity work inspiration for news magazine show segment.

Davidi on Reyes: Jays may need to look elsewhere - Sportsnet.ca
The Toronto Blue Jays are least insulated at shortstop and, after losing the dynamic Jose Reyes to injury, very well may need to get help from outside the organization.

The taxonomy of pitch faces: Toronto Blue Jays - Baseball Nation
It's a rare man who can look normal while throwing a projectile as hard as he can. That's the whole idea behind pitch face. Baseball players exert themselves when they play baseball.

MLB LINKS

What's Wrong With Tim Lincecum? - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
It's April 12, so you know what that means: Time to freak out over the demise of Tim Lincecum!

42′s John C. McGinley talks Jays, Mets, and Stanley Cup predictions | 42 | National Post
The actor preferred the field of play rather than the sidelines growing up in New York

Greinke vs. Quentin: The Official Breakdown - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
Zack Greinke's out until June, Carlos Quentin has caused 1,000 "What did they teach you at Stanford??" jokes, and everyone else is trying to sort out

Hayhurst on MLB: Quentin’s charge bad for Padres - Sportsnet.ca
What San Diego slugger Carlos Quentin did against the Dodgers was not only bad for his career and bad for baseball, but it will mean "open season" declared on Padres hitters.

TODAY IN BASEBALL HISTORY

Baseball History April 14th - National Pastime - Baseball History
1969 In the first regular season game played outside the United States, the Expos play their first home game, treating 29,184 fans at Jarry Park to an 8-7 win over St. Louis. Montreal moundsman Larry Jaster throws baseball's first international pitch to Cardinal left fielder Lou Brock.